Pages

Monday, September 4, 2023

PROF. JOHN KURAKAR IS TEACHER, HUMANITRAIAN AND DEDICATED PEACE ACTIVIST

 

PROF. JOHN KURAKAR IS TEACHER, HUMANITRAIAN

 AND DEDICATED PEACE ACTIVIST



I am very glad to share a greeting message for the autograph book launching on

 the occasion of Prof. John Kurakar’s 70th birthday.  I have known him for about 15 years and had the privilege of working closely with him. It is an honor in my life. I had the opportunity to work closely with him for 3 out of the 10 years which I served as a global trustee of the United Religions Initiative. Both he and I were appointed to the Board of Trustees based on the votes of Asian Members.

Throughout this period, on numerous occasions, I cooperated with him in Sri Lanka, various parts of India, and the United States. I even had the chance to visit his house in Kerala. On all these occasions, I received hospitality from him, his beloved wife, and children. Sometimes, he was my roommate; other times, my travel companion and colleague in serious programs. On

each occasion, I recognized his friendliness, humility, and intelligence. He truly displayed human qualities as a humanitarian. He is a dedicated peace activist and a non-violence person. Additionally, he embodies the simplicity that defines India. His actions confirm his real Indian

identity. He consistently brought pride to his hometown, Kerala, and his motherland, India in each and every occasion he participated. We will remember his service with pride, seeing him as a teacher, humanitarian, social activist, and a committed contributor to world peace. May Prof. John Kurakar be blessed with health

and energy for his ongoing social service in the years to come!

              Ravindra Kandage.

No comments: